AGT Building — 1951

9718 107 Street, Alberta Legislature Grounds (now known as the Legislature Annex) Designed by Rule Wynn and Rule Architects Built by Commonwealth Construction Original Owner: Alberta Government Telephones The AGT Building/Legislature Annex is reputed to be the first ‘curtain wall’

/ No comments

AGT Building — 1951

9718 107 Street, Alberta Legislature Grounds (now known as the Legislature Annex) Designed by Rule Wynn and Rule Architects Built by Commonwealth Construction Original Owner: Alberta Government Telephones The AGT Building/Legislature Annex is reputed to be the first ‘curtain wall’

/ No comments

Edmonton Separate School Board Building — 1960

9807 – 106 Street (original 2 stories) and 1968 (addition)  Designed by: Bell and McCulloch Architects Original Owner:  Edmonton Separate School Board The Edmonton Separate School Board Building is an example of the Early Modern style. It is an L-shaped

/ No comments

Edmonton Separate School Board Building — 1960

9807 – 106 Street (original 2 stories) and 1968 (addition)  Designed by: Bell and McCulloch Architects Original Owner:  Edmonton Separate School Board The Edmonton Separate School Board Building is an example of the Early Modern style. It is an L-shaped

/ No comments

Northwest Utilities Building — 1957

10030-10040 104 Street (now known as the Milner Building) Designed by: Rule Wynn and Rule Architects Built by: Christensen and MacDonald Original Owner: Northwest Utilities (now Atco) The Northwest Utilities Building (now the Milner Building) is a hybrid example of

/ No comments

Northwest Utilities Building — 1957

10030-10040 104 Street (now known as the Milner Building) Designed by: Rule Wynn and Rule Architects Built by: Christensen and MacDonald Original Owner: Northwest Utilities (now Atco) The Northwest Utilities Building (now the Milner Building) is a hybrid example of

/ No comments

Baker Clinic — 1953 & 1959

10004 – 10010 105 Street Designed by: Dewar Stevenson Stanley Architects Built by: 1953 Mill and Olson, 1959 Poole Construction Developer: 1959 Polo Developments (later known as Oxford Investment Group) The Baker Clinic was designed and constructed in two stages.

/ No comments

Baker Clinic — 1953 & 1959

10004 – 10010 105 Street Designed by: Dewar Stevenson Stanley Architects Built by: 1953 Mill and Olson, 1959 Poole Construction Developer: 1959 Polo Developments (later known as Oxford Investment Group) The Baker Clinic was designed and constructed in two stages.

/ No comments

Paramount Theatre — 1950

10239 Jasper Avenue Designed by: Stanley and Stanley Architects Built by: C.H. Whitham Original Owner: Famous Players Canadian Corporation Famous Players Corporation embarked on a cross-country expansion program at the beginning of the 1950s. They intended to construct a new

/ No comments

Paramount Theatre — 1950

10239 Jasper Avenue Designed by: Stanley and Stanley Architects Built by: C.H. Whitham Original Owner: Famous Players Canadian Corporation Famous Players Corporation embarked on a cross-country expansion program at the beginning of the 1950s. They intended to construct a new

/ No comments

Oliver Building — 1957

10225 – 100 Avenue Designed by: McKernan and Bouey Architects Built by: W.C.  Wells Construction Original Owner: Government of Canada The Oliver Building is a straightforward office building created in the Early Modern style. The massing of the building is

/ No comments

Oliver Building — 1957

10225 – 100 Avenue Designed by: McKernan and Bouey Architects Built by: W.C.  Wells Construction Original Owner: Government of Canada The Oliver Building is a straightforward office building created in the Early Modern style. The massing of the building is

/ No comments

Toronto Dominion Bank — 1960

10002 Jasper Avenue Designed by: W.G. Milne Architect Built by: Dominion Construction Original Owner: Toronto Dominion Bank The Edmonton Journal reported  construction “of the new (Toronto Dominion Bank) headquarters reflects the tremendous growth of the TD Bank in Alberta. The

/ No comments

Toronto Dominion Bank — 1960

10002 Jasper Avenue Designed by: W.G. Milne Architect Built by: Dominion Construction Original Owner: Toronto Dominion Bank The Edmonton Journal reported  construction “of the new (Toronto Dominion Bank) headquarters reflects the tremendous growth of the TD Bank in Alberta. The

/ No comments

CN Tower — 1966

100 Street and 104 Avenue Designed by: Abugov and Sunderland Architects Built by: Hashman construction Ltd. Leased by: CN Rail Original Owners: Allied Development Corporation The 26-storey CN Tower opened February 14, 1966 and was Canada’s tallest building west of

/ One Comment

CN Tower — 1966

100 Street and 104 Avenue Designed by: Abugov and Sunderland Architects Built by: Hashman construction Ltd. Leased by: CN Rail Original Owners: Allied Development Corporation The 26-storey CN Tower opened February 14, 1966 and was Canada’s tallest building west of

/ One Comment

The Edmonton Art Gallery — 1969

2 Sir Winston Churchill Square Designed by Bittorf and Wensley ArchitectsOriginal Owner: The Edmonton Art Gallery In 1969, the year The Edmonton Art Gallery (EAG) was complete, Edmonton Journal art critic Virgil Hammock wrote “I know of no other art

/ No comments

The Edmonton Art Gallery — 1969

2 Sir Winston Churchill Square Designed by Bittorf and Wensley ArchitectsOriginal Owner: The Edmonton Art Gallery In 1969, the year The Edmonton Art Gallery (EAG) was complete, Edmonton Journal art critic Virgil Hammock wrote “I know of no other art

/ No comments

Mayfair Park Pavilions — 1968

9930 Groat Road (now known as Hawrelak Park) Designed by: Bittorf and Wensley Architects Original Owner: City of Edmonton In Edmonton’s early years the site of today’s Hawrelak Park was known as Mayfair and owned by the Strathcona Land Syndicate.

/ No comments

Mayfair Park Pavilions — 1968

9930 Groat Road (now known as Hawrelak Park) Designed by: Bittorf and Wensley Architects Original Owner: City of Edmonton In Edmonton’s early years the site of today’s Hawrelak Park was known as Mayfair and owned by the Strathcona Land Syndicate.

/ No comments