North West Edmonton

General Veterinary Hospital — 1961

11403 143 Street Designed by: Wood and Gardner Architects (Bernie Wood Designer) Original Owners: James Rattray and George McQuarrie Bernie Wood and Jack Gardner were both graduates of the University of Manitoba School of Architecture in 1950. After graduation, Gardner

email
/ No comments

General Veterinary Hospital — 1961

11403 143 Street Designed by: Wood and Gardner Architects (Bernie Wood Designer) Original Owners: James Rattray and George McQuarrie Bernie Wood and Jack Gardner were both graduates of the University of Manitoba School of Architecture in 1950. After graduation, Gardner

email
/ No comments

Coronation Pool — 1967

Coronation Park111 Aveue and 142 Street(now known as Peter Hemingway Fitness & Leisure Centre in Coronation Park) Designed by: Hemingway and Laubenthal ArchitectsOriginal Owner: City of Edmonton The Coronation Swimming Pool was a Canadian Centennial project and its original name

/ No comments

Coronation Pool — 1967

Coronation Park111 Aveue and 142 Street(now known as Peter Hemingway Fitness & Leisure Centre in Coronation Park) Designed by: Hemingway and Laubenthal ArchitectsOriginal Owner: City of Edmonton The Coronation Swimming Pool was a Canadian Centennial project and its original name

/ No comments

Edmonton Planetarium Coronation Park — 1959

Coronation Park Designed by: City Architect’s Office (R.F. Duke and W. Tefler)Built by: R.V. CoambesOriginal Owner: City of Edmonton Nestled in Coronation, Queen Elizabeth II Planetarium was one of the first planetarium buildings ever built in Canada. With the entrance

/ No comments

Edmonton Planetarium Coronation Park — 1959

Coronation Park Designed by: City Architect’s Office (R.F. Duke and W. Tefler)Built by: R.V. CoambesOriginal Owner: City of Edmonton Nestled in Coronation, Queen Elizabeth II Planetarium was one of the first planetarium buildings ever built in Canada. With the entrance

/ No comments

North Glenora Patio Homes – 1952

135 Street at 109A and 109B Avenue Designed by Wallbridge and Imrie ArchitectsBuilt by Alldritt Construction (now Alldritt Homes) The architecture of the North Glenora Patio Homes was simple and stylish for the time. The Early Modern style of domestic

/ No comments

North Glenora Patio Homes – 1952

135 Street at 109A and 109B Avenue Designed by Wallbridge and Imrie ArchitectsBuilt by Alldritt Construction (now Alldritt Homes) The architecture of the North Glenora Patio Homes was simple and stylish for the time. The Early Modern style of domestic

/ No comments

Samuels Residence — 1958

13842 Ravine Drive Designed by: McKernan and Bouey ArchitectsOriginal Owners: Joseph and Fanny Samuels The Samuels Residence was built in the newly developing neighbourhood of Capital Hill in Glenora. It was a show piece of the new Modernism that was

/ No comments

Samuels Residence — 1958

13842 Ravine Drive Designed by: McKernan and Bouey ArchitectsOriginal Owners: Joseph and Fanny Samuels The Samuels Residence was built in the newly developing neighbourhood of Capital Hill in Glenora. It was a show piece of the new Modernism that was

/ No comments

Dr. L.A. Miller Residence — 1938

13108 103 Avenue Built by: George PrudhamOriginal Occupant: Dr. LA. Miller This distinctive Streamline Moderne house is situated on Churchill Crescent in Glenora. Montreal businessman and developer James Carruthers bought land originally owned by Malcolm Groat and began to develop

/ No comments

Dr. L.A. Miller Residence — 1938

13108 103 Avenue Built by: George PrudhamOriginal Occupant: Dr. LA. Miller This distinctive Streamline Moderne house is situated on Churchill Crescent in Glenora. Montreal businessman and developer James Carruthers bought land originally owned by Malcolm Groat and began to develop

/ No comments

Westglen School — 1940

10950 127 Street Designed by: Rule Wynn and Rule ArchitectsBuilt by: H.G. MacDonaldOriginal Owner: Edmonton Public School Board Westglen School, originally Westglen High School in Westmount was built to alleviate school crowding in Edmonton during the early stages of World

/ No comments

Westglen School — 1940

10950 127 Street Designed by: Rule Wynn and Rule ArchitectsBuilt by: H.G. MacDonaldOriginal Owner: Edmonton Public School Board Westglen School, originally Westglen High School in Westmount was built to alleviate school crowding in Edmonton during the early stages of World

/ No comments

Westminster School — 1951

13712 104 Avenue Designed by: W.W. ButchartBuilt by: ParsonsOriginal Owner: Edmonton Public School Board Westminster School is an excellent example of the International Style, which is typified by the use of clean horizontal lines, flat roofs, large expanses of horizontally-composed

/ No comments

Westminster School — 1951

13712 104 Avenue Designed by: W.W. ButchartBuilt by: ParsonsOriginal Owner: Edmonton Public School Board Westminster School is an excellent example of the International Style, which is typified by the use of clean horizontal lines, flat roofs, large expanses of horizontally-composed

/ No comments

Ross Sheppard High School — 1956

13546 – 111 Avenue Designed by: Rensaa & MinsosBuilt by: Bennett and WhiteOriginal Owner: Edmonton Public School Board Ross Sheppard High School is an excellent example of the International Style that incorporates clean horizontal lines, flat roofs, and horizontal emphasis in

/ No comments

Ross Sheppard High School — 1956

13546 – 111 Avenue Designed by: Rensaa & MinsosBuilt by: Bennett and WhiteOriginal Owner: Edmonton Public School Board Ross Sheppard High School is an excellent example of the International Style that incorporates clean horizontal lines, flat roofs, and horizontal emphasis in

/ No comments

Glenora Substation — 1956

10322 135 Street Designed by: City Architect’s Office (R.F. Duke)Built by: Walters ConstructionOriginal Owner: City of Edmonton This striking building is quite visible to west-bound traffic on Stony Plain Road and is a neighbourhood landmark in Glenora. Its open glass

/ No comments

Glenora Substation — 1956

10322 135 Street Designed by: City Architect’s Office (R.F. Duke)Built by: Walters ConstructionOriginal Owner: City of Edmonton This striking building is quite visible to west-bound traffic on Stony Plain Road and is a neighbourhood landmark in Glenora. Its open glass

/ No comments