Buildings by Area

Lord Residence — 1954

11748 University Avenue Designed by: George Lord Architect Original Owner: George and Nancy Lord Designed by George Lord, a 1938 graduate of the University of Alberta School of Architecture, for himself and his wife, the Lord House is inspired by

email
/ No comments

Lord Residence — 1954

11748 University Avenue Designed by: George Lord Architect Original Owner: George and Nancy Lord Designed by George Lord, a 1938 graduate of the University of Alberta School of Architecture, for himself and his wife, the Lord House is inspired by

email
/ No comments

Jubilee Auditorium — 1954

87 Avenue and 114 Street Designed by: Alberta Public Works (Ron Clarke Chief Architect) Built by: Wells Construction Original Owner: Government of Alberta Ever since opening for the Golden Jubilee of Alberta, its 50th anniversary, the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium

/ No comments

Jubilee Auditorium — 1954

87 Avenue and 114 Street Designed by: Alberta Public Works (Ron Clarke Chief Architect) Built by: Wells Construction Original Owner: Government of Alberta Ever since opening for the Golden Jubilee of Alberta, its 50th anniversary, the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium

/ No comments

University of Alberta Education Building — 1962

87 Avenue and 112 Street Designed by: Alberta Public Works (H.A. Henderson Chief Architect) Original Owner: University of Alberta The University of Alberta Education Building consists of a central office tower situated between classroom blocks with two additional wings containing

/ No comments

University of Alberta Education Building — 1962

87 Avenue and 112 Street Designed by: Alberta Public Works (H.A. Henderson Chief Architect) Original Owner: University of Alberta The University of Alberta Education Building consists of a central office tower situated between classroom blocks with two additional wings containing

/ No comments

St. Stephen’s College — 1952

8810 112 Street Designed by Dewar Dawston Stevenson Architects Original Owner: United Church of Canada A building permit was issued to the United Church of Canada for construction of the new St. Stephen’s College building on the University of Alberta

/ No comments

St. Stephen’s College — 1952

8810 112 Street Designed by Dewar Dawston Stevenson Architects Original Owner: United Church of Canada A building permit was issued to the United Church of Canada for construction of the new St. Stephen’s College building on the University of Alberta

/ No comments

University of Alberta Students’ Union Building (SUB) — 1967

8900 – 114 Street NW  Designed by: Richards Berretti and Jelinek Architects and Engineers Built by: Poole Construction Original Owner: U of A Students Union In 1962 the University of Alberta‘s student body voted in a referendum to provide funding

/ No comments

University of Alberta Students’ Union Building (SUB) — 1967

8900 – 114 Street NW  Designed by: Richards Berretti and Jelinek Architects and Engineers Built by: Poole Construction Original Owner: U of A Students Union In 1962 the University of Alberta‘s student body voted in a referendum to provide funding

/ No comments

Housing Union Building (HUB) — 1969-1971

112 Street, 88 Avenue to Saskatchewan Drive Designed by Diamond and Myers Architects with R.L. Wilkin ArchitectBuilt by: Poole ConstructionOriginal Owner: University of Alberta Students Union The Housing Union Building (HUB) was an innovative experiment in student housing, combining function

/ No comments

Housing Union Building (HUB) — 1969-1971

112 Street, 88 Avenue to Saskatchewan Drive Designed by Diamond and Myers Architects with R.L. Wilkin ArchitectBuilt by: Poole ConstructionOriginal Owner: University of Alberta Students Union The Housing Union Building (HUB) was an innovative experiment in student housing, combining function

/ No comments

General Veterinary Hospital — 1961

11403 143 Street Designed by: Wood and Gardner Architects (Bernie Wood Designer) Original Owners: James Rattray and George McQuarrie Bernie Wood and Jack Gardner were both graduates of the University of Manitoba School of Architecture in 1950. After graduation, Gardner

/ No comments

General Veterinary Hospital — 1961

11403 143 Street Designed by: Wood and Gardner Architects (Bernie Wood Designer) Original Owners: James Rattray and George McQuarrie Bernie Wood and Jack Gardner were both graduates of the University of Manitoba School of Architecture in 1950. After graduation, Gardner

/ No comments

Coronation Pool — 1967

Coronation Park111 Aveue and 142 Street(now known as Peter Hemingway Fitness & Leisure Centre in Coronation Park) Designed by: Hemingway and Laubenthal ArchitectsOriginal Owner: City of Edmonton The Coronation Swimming Pool was a Canadian Centennial project and its original name

/ No comments

Coronation Pool — 1967

Coronation Park111 Aveue and 142 Street(now known as Peter Hemingway Fitness & Leisure Centre in Coronation Park) Designed by: Hemingway and Laubenthal ArchitectsOriginal Owner: City of Edmonton The Coronation Swimming Pool was a Canadian Centennial project and its original name

/ No comments

Edmonton Planetarium Coronation Park — 1959

Coronation Park Designed by: City Architect’s Office (R.F. Duke and W. Tefler)Built by: R.V. CoambesOriginal Owner: City of Edmonton Nestled in Coronation, Queen Elizabeth II Planetarium was one of the first planetarium buildings ever built in Canada. With the entrance

/ No comments

Edmonton Planetarium Coronation Park — 1959

Coronation Park Designed by: City Architect’s Office (R.F. Duke and W. Tefler)Built by: R.V. CoambesOriginal Owner: City of Edmonton Nestled in Coronation, Queen Elizabeth II Planetarium was one of the first planetarium buildings ever built in Canada. With the entrance

/ No comments

North Glenora Patio Homes – 1952

135 Street at 109A and 109B Avenue Designed by Wallbridge and Imrie ArchitectsBuilt by Alldritt Construction (now Alldritt Homes) The architecture of the North Glenora Patio Homes was simple and stylish for the time. The Early Modern style of domestic

/ No comments

North Glenora Patio Homes – 1952

135 Street at 109A and 109B Avenue Designed by Wallbridge and Imrie ArchitectsBuilt by Alldritt Construction (now Alldritt Homes) The architecture of the North Glenora Patio Homes was simple and stylish for the time. The Early Modern style of domestic

/ No comments