Samuels Residence — 1958

13842 Ravine Drive Designed by: McKernan and Bouey ArchitectsOriginal Owners: Joseph and Fanny Samuels The Samuels Residence was built in the newly developing neighbourhood of Capital Hill in Glenora. It was a show piece of the new Modernism that was

/ No comments

Samuels Residence — 1958

13842 Ravine Drive Designed by: McKernan and Bouey ArchitectsOriginal Owners: Joseph and Fanny Samuels The Samuels Residence was built in the newly developing neighbourhood of Capital Hill in Glenora. It was a show piece of the new Modernism that was

/ No comments

Dr. L.A. Miller Residence — 1938

13108 103 Avenue Built by: George PrudhamOriginal Occupant: Dr. LA. Miller This distinctive Streamline Moderne house is situated on Churchill Crescent in Glenora. Montreal businessman and developer James Carruthers bought land originally owned by Malcolm Groat and began to develop

/ No comments

Dr. L.A. Miller Residence — 1938

13108 103 Avenue Built by: George PrudhamOriginal Occupant: Dr. LA. Miller This distinctive Streamline Moderne house is situated on Churchill Crescent in Glenora. Montreal businessman and developer James Carruthers bought land originally owned by Malcolm Groat and began to develop

/ No comments

Westglen School — 1940

10950 127 Street Designed by: Rule Wynn and Rule ArchitectsBuilt by: H.G. MacDonaldOriginal Owner: Edmonton Public School Board Westglen School, originally Westglen High School in Westmount was built to alleviate school crowding in Edmonton during the early stages of World

/ No comments

Westglen School — 1940

10950 127 Street Designed by: Rule Wynn and Rule ArchitectsBuilt by: H.G. MacDonaldOriginal Owner: Edmonton Public School Board Westglen School, originally Westglen High School in Westmount was built to alleviate school crowding in Edmonton during the early stages of World

/ No comments

Westminster School — 1951

13712 104 Avenue Designed by: W.W. ButchartBuilt by: ParsonsOriginal Owner: Edmonton Public School Board Westminster School is an excellent example of the International Style, which is typified by the use of clean horizontal lines, flat roofs, large expanses of horizontally-composed

/ No comments

Westminster School — 1951

13712 104 Avenue Designed by: W.W. ButchartBuilt by: ParsonsOriginal Owner: Edmonton Public School Board Westminster School is an excellent example of the International Style, which is typified by the use of clean horizontal lines, flat roofs, large expanses of horizontally-composed

/ No comments

Ross Sheppard High School — 1956

13546 – 111 Avenue Designed by: Rensaa & MinsosBuilt by: Bennett and WhiteOriginal Owner: Edmonton Public School Board Ross Sheppard High School is an excellent example of the International Style that incorporates clean horizontal lines, flat roofs, and horizontal emphasis in

/ No comments

Ross Sheppard High School — 1956

13546 – 111 Avenue Designed by: Rensaa & MinsosBuilt by: Bennett and WhiteOriginal Owner: Edmonton Public School Board Ross Sheppard High School is an excellent example of the International Style that incorporates clean horizontal lines, flat roofs, and horizontal emphasis in

/ No comments

Glenora Substation — 1956

10322 135 Street Designed by: City Architect’s Office (R.F. Duke)Built by: Walters ConstructionOriginal Owner: City of Edmonton This striking building is quite visible to west-bound traffic on Stony Plain Road and is a neighbourhood landmark in Glenora. Its open glass

/ No comments

Glenora Substation — 1956

10322 135 Street Designed by: City Architect’s Office (R.F. Duke)Built by: Walters ConstructionOriginal Owner: City of Edmonton This striking building is quite visible to west-bound traffic on Stony Plain Road and is a neighbourhood landmark in Glenora. Its open glass

/ No comments

Provincial Museum of Alberta — 1967

102 Avenue and 130 Street Designed by: Alberta Public WorksOriginal Owner: Government of Alberta The Royal Alberta Museum opened to the public on December 6, 1967 under its original name, The Provincial Museum of Alberta. This achievement was the result

/ No comments

Provincial Museum of Alberta — 1967

102 Avenue and 130 Street Designed by: Alberta Public WorksOriginal Owner: Government of Alberta The Royal Alberta Museum opened to the public on December 6, 1967 under its original name, The Provincial Museum of Alberta. This achievement was the result

/ No comments

Central Pentecostal Tabernacle — 1963 & 1972

107 Avenue and 116 Street Designed by: Hemingway Laubenthal Architects (1963)Peter Hemingway Architect (1972)Original Owner: Central Pentecostal Tabernacle Peter Hemingway’s Central Pentecostal Tabernacle Church consists of two buildings: 1 1963 flat-roofed box and a cedar shingle clad pyramid from 1972.

/ No comments

Central Pentecostal Tabernacle — 1963 & 1972

107 Avenue and 116 Street Designed by: Hemingway Laubenthal Architects (1963)Peter Hemingway Architect (1972)Original Owner: Central Pentecostal Tabernacle Peter Hemingway’s Central Pentecostal Tabernacle Church consists of two buildings: 1 1963 flat-roofed box and a cedar shingle clad pyramid from 1972.

/ No comments

Beth Shalom Synagogue — 1950

11916 Jasper Avenue Designed by: Neil McKernan ArchitectBuilt by: Dominion ConstructionOriginal Owner: Beth Shalom Synagogue Constructed on a highly visible portion of Jasper Avenue, the brick synagogue has become a landmark in the Oliver neighbourhood. The right wing of the

/ No comments

Beth Shalom Synagogue — 1950

11916 Jasper Avenue Designed by: Neil McKernan ArchitectBuilt by: Dominion ConstructionOriginal Owner: Beth Shalom Synagogue Constructed on a highly visible portion of Jasper Avenue, the brick synagogue has become a landmark in the Oliver neighbourhood. The right wing of the

/ No comments

Jasper House Apartments — 1960

121 Street and Jasper Avenue Designed by: John A. MacDonald Architect The Jasper House apartments, prominently located on Jasper Avenue west of downtown, exemplify many of the Structural Expressionist tendencies of Mies van der Rohe‘s high rise apartment buildings, such

/ No comments

Jasper House Apartments — 1960

121 Street and Jasper Avenue Designed by: John A. MacDonald Architect The Jasper House apartments, prominently located on Jasper Avenue west of downtown, exemplify many of the Structural Expressionist tendencies of Mies van der Rohe‘s high rise apartment buildings, such

/ No comments